01 初识
作者:李文昊      更新:2024-05-29 05:16      字数:4890
  第五堂
  社交圈子
  01 初识
  问候——友谊的开始
  dialogue
  it's sue's fi rst day of work. now she is in the ofi ce of her compan.
  今天是苏上班的第一天。现在她正在公司的办公室里。
  sue: good morning. i'm a rookie in our office. i'm looking forward to getting to know all of you.
  苏:早上好,我是新来的员工。我一直盼望着认识你们。
  julie: good morning. welcome aboard!
  朱莉:早上好。欢迎加入我们。
  sue: nice to meet you. i am sue kant.
  苏:很高兴认识你。我是苏·康德。
  julie: nice to meet you, too. i am julie smith. you can call me julie.
  朱莉:很高兴认识你,我是朱莉·史密斯。你可以叫我朱莉。
  sue: ok, julie. i'm new to the working world and would appreciate your guidance.
  苏:好的,朱莉。在工作方面我是新手,请多指教。
  julie: that's all right. if you need anything just ask. i'll do my best to help you out. well,i hope you'll be happy working here.
  朱莉:没事的,如果你需要什么尽管开口。我会尽力帮助你的。好了,希望你在这工作得愉快。
  sue: thank you! it's very kind of you.
  苏:谢谢你!你真是太好了。
  julie: you are welcome.
  朱莉:你太客气了。
  sue: i'd like to meet other colleagues. could you introduce them to me?
  苏:我想见见其他的同事,你能给我介绍一下吗?
  julie: of course.
  朱莉:当然可以。
  notes
  1. rookie ['ruki] n. 新手;新兵
  2. help sb. out 帮助某人解决难题,帮助某人摆脱困境;帮助某人完成工作
  小贴士
  第一天公司上班,是不是有点手足无措?其实,初次见面好比跳华尔兹,非常简单,就是3步曲:问候——介绍——对方回答。先用good morning / afternoon打招呼,同时握手以显示你的诚意。当然不要忘记smile,因为微笑是消除隔阂、沟通心灵的好方法。作为新人,应该主动与同事交往,所以要先作self introduction,除了may i introduce myself, please? my name's karl smith.你还可以说let me introduce myself.my name's karl或者i'm karl smith. you can call me karl.做完了自我介绍,如果希望把自己介绍给经理,可以说i don't know anyone here. could you introduce me to the manager? 每当对方报上姓名时,你要记得说nice to meet you. glad to meet you.或pleased to meet you.为了加深对方的印象,你可以加上对对方的赞扬:i've heard a lot about you.,或者i'm looking forward to working for you.接下来就和新同事一一问候打招呼吧。
  第一印象很重要
  dialogue
  katherine and sarah are talking their new colleague sue.
  凯瑟琳和莎拉正在讨论她们的新同事苏。
  katherine: hey, do you know our company came a new girl yesterday?
  凯瑟琳:嘿,你知道我们公司昨天新来个女同事吗?
  sarah: really? i didn't know it yet. i asked for leave yesterday. how do you think of her?
  莎拉:是吗?我还不知道。我昨天请假了。你觉得那个女孩怎么样?
  kathrine: she impressed me very well. she is tall and slim.
  凯瑟琳:她给我的第一印象挺不错。她个子高高的,很苗条。
  sarah: she must be very attractive. i don't expect her to be a vase or a brown-noser in our team.
  莎拉:那她一定很迷人。我真不希望她是一个花瓶或者是个马屁精。
  katherine: maybe neither. though she is a green hand here, she is enthusiastic and diligent. i can often see smiles on her face.
  凯瑟琳:可能不是。尽管她是个新手,但她工作很有热情,很勤快。我经常看到她脸上挂着笑容。
  sarah: first impressions count. look at the war without smoke of gunpowder in other companies. they are scheming against each other. oh, my god. i don't really bring it up.
  莎拉:第一印象很重要。看看其他公司的没有硝烟的战场,彼此勾心斗角的。哦,天啊,我真不想提。
  katherine: yeah, i am really fear of those who do something secretly in his power to obstruct your development. that's terrible.
  凯瑟琳:是呀,我真的也很担心那种在背后使坏的人。那太可怕了。
  sarah: what a good thing that we get along very well in the company!
  莎拉:真庆幸我们公司的同事都相处得很好。
  notes
  1. brown-noser [braun'n?uz?] n. 拍马屁的人
  2. diligent ['dilid??nt] adj. 勤奋的,勤快的
  3. gunpowder ['g?n,paud?] n. 火药
  4. scheme [ski:m] n. 阴谋,计划,方案;v. 图谋,设计,策划
  5. obstruct [?b'str?kt] v. 阻隔,妨碍,阻塞
  小贴士
  女性穿裙装可以为你的职场形象加分
  a research has revealed that opinions of others, based purely on the clothes you are wearing, are formed within seconds of first meeting. women who wear skirts and jackets are viewed as more confident, higher-paid and more dependable than those wearing a trouser suit.
  women dressed in a feminine way yet are still perceived as confident and successful. the skirt suit seems to balance professionalism with attractiveness.therefore, for women, if you want to make a right and strong first expression,dressing a skirt may do it.
  调查发现,基于人们所穿的衣服,人们在第一次见面时,几秒钟之内就会形成一个印象。相对于穿裤装来说,穿裙子和短上衣的女性看起来更加自信,收入更高也更加可靠。
  女人穿着女性化的服装,这也表达了一种自信和成功。裙装似乎是职业化和女性魅力之间的一种平衡。因此,对女性而言,如果你想给别人留下好的并且深刻的第一印象,穿裙装也许能达到这种效果。
  联系方式要互记
  dialogue
  susan is new in the company. on her first day of work, she is introduced to her new colleagues.
  苏珊是公司的新人。在她上班的第一天,她被介绍给新同事。
  karl: hi, i am karl. i'm glad to have you with us.
  卡尔:嗨,我是卡尔。很高兴你加入我们。
  susan: thank you! i feel so good joining the team. i heard that you are the veteran of this company. i do hope you will help me in work.
  苏珊:谢谢!很高兴加入这个团队。我听说您在公司里是元老级人物,我衷心地希望在工作中能得到您的帮助。
  karl: certainly. i am sure we will cooperate well in work.
  卡尔:当然可以。我相信我们会合作愉快的。
  susan: so am i. would you mind my having your telephone number? in case i have something to consult.
  苏珊:我也相信。你介意给我你的电话号码吗?万一有事情可以向您请教。
  karl: of course. my number is 187985585.
  卡尔:当然。我的号码是187985585。
  susan: thank you. would you like to write down my number?
  苏珊:谢谢。你想记一下我的电话号码吗?
  karl: yes?
  卡尔:多少?
  susan: my cell phone number is 189567788 and my msn is 6885578.
  苏珊:我的手机号码是189567788,我的msn号码是6885578。
  karl: ok, done. oh, here is my card. if you have emergency in work, call me at any time.
  卡尔:好了,记下了。哦,这是我的名片。如果工作中有急事,可以随时给我打电话。
  susan: thank you. i will.
  苏珊:谢谢,我会的。
  notes
  1. veteran ['vet?r?n] adj. 老练的;资深的;n. 老手;老兵;经验丰富的人
  2. emergency [i'm?:d??nsi] n. 紧急情况
  3. at any time 在任何时候,随时
  小贴士
  1. can i have one of your business cards please?
  可以给我一张您的名片吗?
  2. would you tell me how i can get into touch with her?
  你能告诉我她的联系方式吗?
  3. could i have your cell phone number and address, please?
  可以给我您的手机号码和地址吗?
  4. what number could i reach you?
  你的联系电话是多少?
  5. by the way, have you got a cell phone?
  顺便问一下,你有手机吗?
  6. how can i get in touch with you if i have something emergent?
  如果我有急事怎样才能和你取得联系呢?
  7. how can i reach you?
  我怎样和你联系?
  也可以这样说:
  how can i get in touch with you?