02 聚会
作者:李文昊      更新:2024-05-29 05:16      字数:11778
  02 聚会
  公司聚会要参加
  dialogue
  the boss sent an invitation to every employee to a party. but susan is lack of interest about the party.
  老板给每个职员都发了聚会请柬,但是苏珊不太想去。
  susan: hi, julie. i just received an invitation to a party from our boss.
  苏珊:嗨,朱莉。我收到了老板的请柬,他请我们去参加聚会。
  julie: i received one, too.
  朱莉:我也收到了。
  susan: are you going to join the party?
  苏珊:你去吗?
  julie: of course. aren't you?
  朱莉:当然。你不去吗?
  susan: i don't feel much like going there.
  苏珊:我不太想去。
  julie: why not? it's going to be a nice party at a japanese cuisine restaurant.
  朱莉:为什么不去呢?那可是在一家日本料理店的聚会。
  susan: i don't like japanese cuisine. besides, i dislike parties.
  苏珊:我不喜欢日本料理,而且,我讨厌参加聚会。
  julie: even if you don't enjoy parties, you should communicate more with other colleagues. what's more, attendance at the company party is a part of your job. part of the reason for inviting everyone is to build rapport among us in the company.
  朱莉:即使你不喜欢参加聚会,你也应该和同事多交流。而且参加聚会也是你的一项工作。举办这次聚会的原因之一就是想在公司里建立融洽的同事关系。
  susan: you mean i must attend the party?
  苏珊:你的意思是我必须要参加?
  julie: of course. the boss expects everyone to be there. you may forego the party if you want to risk offending the boss.
  朱莉:当然要去。老板希望每个人都要参加。如果你想得罪老板的话你可以不去。
  susan: oh, that is to say i have no choice but to go to the party.
  苏珊:噢,也就是说我没得选择只能去了。
  notes
  1. rapport [r?'p?:t] n. 关系;融洽的关系;相关,比例
  2. offend [?'fend] v. 冒犯;犯罪;违反
  小贴士
  聚会上不适合谈论的话题:
  1. personnel finance topics 个人财政状况的话题
  2. personal health topics 个人健康方面的话题
  3. controversial topics 有争议的话题
  4. gossip 八卦
  聚会上常用的祝酒词:
  1. here's to you!
  敬您一杯!
  2. to your health!
  祝你健康!
  3. whatever you like!
  请随意!
  4. i'd like you to raise your glass and join me in a toast to the health of all our friends present here.
  请各位举杯并同我一起为在座的所有朋友们的健康干杯!
  5. may i propose a toast to our lasting friendship and cooperation.
  我提议为我们长久的友谊和合作干杯!
  热闹的同学会
  dialogue
  jerry and john were classmates when they were in high school. now they are in the high school reunions.
  杰瑞和约翰是高中同学。现在他们在高中同学聚会上。
  john: hey, jerry. i haven't seen you for ages.
  约翰:嘿,杰瑞。很久没见你了。
  jerry: yeah, it's been a long time! how is everything going?
  杰瑞:是啊,很长时间了。一切可好?
  john: pretty good, thanks. i have two boys in middle school and my business is going well. how have you been?
  约翰:很好,谢谢。我有两个儿子在上中学,生意也一帆风顺。你好吗?
  jerry: ah, you know me! i am a dedicated bachelor. i often fling myself upon my work,so i don't have time to date with girls.
  杰瑞:啊,你了解我的。我是个敬业的单身汉。我经常埋头工作,没时间和女孩约会。
  john: you haven't changed your inveterate habit. are you still delighted to be a bachelor at all times?
  约翰:你的老毛病还是没改啊。你乐意就这样一直做你的单身汉?
  jerry: aha, maybe.
  杰瑞:啊哈,也许吧。
  john: have you seen tony? i was hoping he would come tonight.
  约翰:你看到托尼了吗?我希望他今晚上能来。
  jerry: of course he comes. we came here together.
  杰瑞:他当然来了。我们一起来的。
  john: why didn't i come across him? do you always keep in touch each other?
  约翰:我怎么没碰到他?你经常和他联系吗?
  jerry: we are in the same company.
  杰瑞:我们在一家公司上班。
  john: oh, no wonder.
  约翰:哦,难怪。
  notes
  1. dedicated ['dedi?keitid] adj. 专注的,献身的;专用的
  2. bachelor ['b?t??l?] n. 单身汉;学士
  3. fling oneself upo 毅然投身于;奋力从事
  4. inveterate [in'vet?rit] adj. 根深蒂固的,成瘾的
  5. at all times 随时;总是,一直
  小贴士
  1. i'm looking forward to the 10-year college homecoming.
  我一直盼望着十周年的大学校友会。
  2. we often hold homecoming during the spring festival.
  我们经常在春节举行同学会。
  3. hi, haven't seen you for a long time.
  嗨,好久不见了。
  也可以这样说:
  hi, long time no see!
  4. what a surprise! you got married with maggie. you looked like enemies in high school.
  真没想到!你居然和麦琪结婚了。在高中时你们就像是仇人。
  5. the alumni association is great! i meet many college classmates that have lost contact long ago.
  校友会太棒了!我见到了很久以前就失去联系的大学同学。
  6. i hate to go to the school reunion, because i am in such a poor case.
  我讨厌参加同学会,因为我的处境是如此地狼狈。
  7. i almost forgot that today is our 20-year reunion.
  我差点忘了今天是我们的20周年的同学会。
  温馨浪漫婚礼
  dialogue
  it's the wedding of maggie.
  这是在麦琪的婚礼现场。
  maggie: hi, julie, sarah, i'm so glad you take part in our wedding.
  麦琪:嗨,朱莉、莎拉,真高兴你们来参加我们的婚礼。
  julie: you are really beautiful today. many congratulations on your happy marriage!
  朱莉:你今天真漂亮。祝你们幸福!
  maggie: thank you! i'm sorry, but i have to entertain other guests. please help yourselves.
  麦琪:谢谢!很抱歉,我还要去招待其他的客人。请自便。
  julie: ok, go ahead.
  朱莉:好的,你去忙吧。
  sarah: oh, julie, it's really a wonderful wedding, isn't it?
  莎拉:哦,朱莉,这真是个很棒的婚礼,不是吗?
  julie: yeah, it's very great. i think today maggie is the most beautiful and happiest bride in the world.
  朱莉:是呀,非常棒。我觉得今天麦琪是世界上最美丽、最幸福的新娘。
  sarah: yes, her husband is all in all to her and very considerate. the bride and bridegroom's vows are quite moving. it seems that they are the most perfect match.
  莎拉:嗯,他的丈夫很爱她,也很体贴。新郎新娘的结婚誓言也很感人。他们简直是天作之合。
  julie: what about you and your boyfriend? when will you get married?
  朱莉:那么你和你的男朋友呢?你们什么时候结婚?
  sarah: we've been dating for over 5 years.but we haven't decided when to get married.
  莎拉:我们已经恋爱5年了,但是我们还没决定什么时候结婚。
  julie: ok, i'm looking forward to attending your wedding.
  朱莉:哦,我也很期待参加你们的婚礼呢。
  sarah: look! maggie is going to throw the bride bouquet.
  莎拉:看!麦琪要扔新娘花束了。
  julie: oh, i'll try to catch it.
  朱莉:噢,我要去接。
  sarah: me, too.
  莎拉:我也去。
  notes
  1. take part in 参加,参与
  2. help yourself 请自便
  3. all in all 总的来说;大体而言;头等重要之物
  4. considerate [k?n'sid?rit] adj. 考虑周到的;体谅的,体贴的
  5. vow [vau] n. 誓约;v. 发誓
  6. bouquet [bu'kei] n. 花束;称赞;酒香
  小贴士
  婚礼誓言
  在西方婚礼中,结婚誓词是婚礼上最重要的部分,发自肺腑的寥寥数语是新人对婚姻和一辈子的坚定承诺。
  i(groom's name)take thee(bride's name)to be my wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer,in sickness and in health, to love, honor, and cherish, until death do us part,according to god's holy ordinance; and there to i plight thee my troth.
  我(新郎名)接受你(新娘名)成为我的合法妻子,从今以后永远拥有你,无论生活好坏,贫富与否,是否健康,我都会爱你,尊敬你并且珍惜你,直到死亡将我们分开。我向上帝宣誓,并向他保证我对你的神圣誓言。
  婚礼相关词汇:
  group wedding 集体婚礼
  marriage certificate 结婚证
  wedding banquet 婚宴
  wedding march 婚礼进行曲
  honeymoon 蜜月
  wedding announcer 婚礼主持人
  mixed marriage 跨国婚姻
  remarriage/digamy 再婚
  restoration of marriage 复婚
  flash marriage 闪婚
  property notarization before marriage 婚前财产公证
  又长一岁了
  dialogue
  there's a party in susan's house for her birthday.
  苏珊的家里正在举行一个聚会以庆祝她的生日。
  susan: oh, karl. welcome to my birthday party! it's good of you to come.
  苏珊:噢,卡尔。欢迎来参加我的生日聚会! 你能来真是太好了。
  karl: happy birthday, susan. here is a present for you! i hope you like it.
  卡尔:祝你生日快乐,苏珊。我给你带了一个礼物,希望你能喜欢。
  susan: oh, you're so thoughtful. thank you. what is it?
  苏珊:哦,你想得真周到。谢谢你。是什么?
  karl: why don't you open and see?
  卡尔:你打开看看不就知道了吗?
  susan: all right. wow, what a big surprise! the latest record from sarah brightman! thank you so much. you know i've been expecting this for a long time. i don't know how to thank you for the gift.
  苏珊:好的。哇哦,这对我来说真是个大惊喜!是莎拉·布莱曼的最新专辑!真是太感谢你了。你知道的我期待它很久了。我真不知道该怎么感谢你。
  karl: i'm very glad to hear you like it.
  卡尔:很高兴你喜欢这个礼物。
  julie: here comes the birthday cake.
  朱莉:蛋糕来了。
  susan: i must first make a wish.
  苏珊:我要先许个愿。
  julie: but don't tell us, or the wish won't come true.
  朱莉:但是别告诉我们哟,否则愿望就不会实现了。
  karl: oh, the candles all went out. i wish your dreams will come to fruition.
  卡尔:噢,蜡烛全吹灭了。希望你的愿望能实现。
  susan: thank you. now let's enjoy the cake.
  苏珊:谢谢。现在我们一起吃蛋糕吧。
  notes
  1. thoughtful ['θ?:tf?l] adj. 深思的;体贴的
  2. make a wish 许愿
  3. come true(预言、期望等)实现,成为事实
  4. go out 外出;过时;(潮)退;(灯)熄;终止;公布
  5. fruition [fru:'i??n] n. 取得成果,成就;实现,完成
  小贴士
  如何拒绝聚会上的“劝吃劝喝”:
  1. sorry, i'm not used to drinking.
  我不喝酒。
  2. i have quit drinking.
  我已经戒酒了。
  3. i'm on diet.
  我在节食。
  4. i have had quite enough. i can't take another bite.
  我吃撑了,一口都吃不下了。
  5. no, thank you. i'm really up.
  不用了,谢谢。我真的吃饱了。
  6. i cannot drink because i will have to drive back home after the party.
  我不能喝酒,聚会结束后我还得开车回家呢。
  唱歌就来ktv
  dialogue
  tom and karl are discussing how to treat their partners.
  汤姆和卡尔正在讨论怎么犒劳他们的搭档。
  tom: the project was a big success. now it's finished, all credit goes to our coworkers.
  汤姆:这个项目很成功。现在已经完成了,这都归功于我们的同事。
  karl: yeah, i think we should take them out to celebrate this weekend.
  卡尔:是的,我觉得这个周末应该带他们去庆祝一下。
  tom: do you have any good ideas?
  汤姆:你有什么好主意吗?
  karl: we could invite them all to dinner at the bear restaurant, then come to a pub for drinks.
  卡尔:我们可以邀请他们去比尔饭店聚餐,然后到酒吧喝点东西。
  tom: good idea. but i have another suggestion. why don't we go to a ktv and sing?
  汤姆:好主意。但是我还有个提议。为什么不去ktv唱歌?
  karl: a ktv? i have never been to one.
  卡尔:去ktv?我从来没去过。
  tom: never? really? i'm surprised.
  汤姆:没去过?真的?我很惊讶。
  karl: i don't like singing at all, plus i am tone-deaf. are you good at singing?
  卡尔:我一点也不喜欢唱歌,而且我五音不全。你唱歌拿手吗?
  tom: just so so. but you know many employees in our company feel that going to a ktv would be fun.
  汤姆:还可以。但是你知道吗?我们的很多同事都觉得去ktv 会很好玩。
  karl: okay, let's go to the best ktv of this city after dinner. i can be a good listener.
  卡尔:好吧,那我们聚餐后就去全市最好的卡拉ok厅唱歌去。我可是一个很好的听众哦。
  notes
  1. credit ['kredit] v. 归功于;相信;记入贷方;n. 贷款;功劳
  2. pub [p?b] n. 酒吧,酒馆
  3. tone-deaf ['t?un?def] adj. 音盲的,五音不全的
  小贴士
  1. i'd like to request a song. please let me look through the sing list.
  我想点首歌。请让我看一下点歌单。
  2. let's sing a duet.
  来个二重唱吧。
  3. my singing is out of tune.
  我唱歌总跑调儿。
  也可以这样说:
  i have no ear for music.
  4. hey, jerry, what's your karaoke specialty?
  嘿,杰瑞,你唱卡拉ok有什么拿手的歌吗?
  也可以这样说:
  hey, jerry, what's your best song?
  5. we can go to a ktv because we need a distraction from the busy work.
  我们可以去ktv,因为在繁忙工作之余我们也需要娱乐。
  6. i can't keep track of this song.
  我跟不上这首歌的节奏。
  也可以这样说:
  i can't keep up with this song.
  酒吧里的狂欢
  dialogue
  jerry got a promotion just now. he invited his colleagues to have a celebration.
  杰瑞刚刚得到升职。他邀请同事们到酒吧庆祝。
  bartender: can i get you something to drink?
  酒保:请问要不要喝点什么?
  jerry: sure. please give us a dozen of dark beers first.
  杰瑞:当然。请给我们来一打黑啤。
  bartender: enjoy yourselves.
  酒保:请尽情享用。
  jerry: thank you.
  杰瑞:谢谢。
  susan: may i propose a toast to jerry's promotion! congratulations, jerry.
  苏珊:我提议为杰瑞的提升干杯!祝贺你,杰瑞。
  jerry: thank you! cheers! please have a ball tonight. it's my treat.
  杰瑞:谢谢!干杯!大家今晚尽情地狂欢吧,我请客。
  susan: of course you would. now you are our executive.
  苏珊:你当然要请客。现在你可是我们的主管。
  jerry: it's due to your help and cooperation. what else would you like to drink?
  杰瑞:这都归功于你们的帮助和协作。你们还要喝点什么?
  susan: give me a scotch on the rocks.
  苏珊:请给我来杯加冰块的苏格兰威士忌酒。
  jerry: no problem. what about you, tom?
  杰瑞:没问题。你呢,汤姆?
  tom: a tequila sunrise will do. thank you.
  汤姆:一杯龙舌兰日出好了。谢谢。
  jerry: you are welcome. please don't just sit here and drink. look over there. the dance floor is already packed with people. want to go and join them?
  杰瑞:你太客气了。不要只坐在这喝酒啊。看那边,舞池里已经挤满了人了。想去和他们一起跳吗?
  tom: of course. let's go.
  汤姆:当然了。我们去吧。
  notes
  1. dark beer 黑啤酒
  2. have a ball 狂欢
  3. scotch [sk?t?] adj. 苏格兰(人,语)的;节俭的,小气的;n. 苏格兰人;苏格兰语;苏格兰威士忌酒
  4. on the rocks 加冰块;触礁
  5. tequila [t?'ki:l?] n. 蒸馏酒,龙舌兰酒
  6. be packed with 塞满;挤满
  小贴士
  外国名酒小常识
  1. cocktail(鸡尾酒)是一种量少而冰镇的酒,比如highball, martini和margarita都由一种烈性酒(liquor)和甜酒(liqueur)调制而成。
  2. vodka(伏特加)以谷物或马铃薯为原料,经过蒸馏和活性炭过滤,使酒质更加晶莹澄澈,无色且清淡爽口,给人的感觉是不甜、不苦、不涩,只有烈焰般的刺激,这是伏特加酒独具一格的特色。
  3. rum(莱姆酒)也叫糖酒,它以蔗糖作原料,先制成糖蜜,然后再经发酵、发馏,在橡木桶中储存3年以上而成。酒液有white, amber, brown即白、琥珀色和棕色三种颜色。其中属amber rum 最贵,因为其加工的工艺较其他更复杂。
  4. gin(金酒)又名杜松子酒,是世界第一大类的烈酒。
  5. scotch whisky(苏格兰威士忌)用经过干燥,泥炭熏焙产生独特香味的大麦芽作酵造原料制成。贮存15年到20年的酒色泽棕黄带红,清澈透亮,气味焦香,带有浓烈的烟味,为最优质的成品酒。
  舞会怎能没有舞伴
  dialogue
  tony wants to invite his friend maggie to be his partner.
  托尼想邀请他的朋友麦琪做他的舞伴。
  tony: hi, maggie. i'm so glad to meet you. i need your help.
  托尼:嗨,麦琪。真高兴见到你。我需要你的帮忙。
  maggie: how can i help you?
  麦琪:我能帮你什么?
  tony: our company will hold a party this saturday evening. could you be my dancing partner?
  托尼:我们公司要在这周六晚上举行一场舞会。你能做我的舞伴吗?
  maggie: i'd like to, but i'm afraid i'm not much of a dancer.
  麦琪:我很乐意,但是我不是很会跳舞。
  tony: don't worry. i can teach you. which dance do you like best?
  托尼:不用担心,我会教你的。你最喜欢哪种舞蹈?
  maggie: i like tango best. it's such a beautiful dance, but i can't do it well.
  麦琪:我最喜欢探戈。探戈舞姿很优雅,但是我跳得不是很好。
  tony: are you free now? may i invite you for a dance? just a practice.
  托尼:你现在有时间吗?我能请你跳支舞吗?只是个小练习。
  maggie: ok, what should i do? i'm afraid that i'll step on your foot.
  麦琪:好吧,我该怎么做?我担心会踩到你的脚。
  tony: no, you won't. let's begin. you just follow me.
  托尼:不,你不会的。我们开始吧。跟着我的节拍走。
  maggie: do you often dance? you are dancing so well.
  麦琪:你经常跳舞吗?你跳得很棒。
  tony: yes, because dancing is a good way to relax. you did it excellently. you have a talent for it.
  托尼:是啊,跳舞是放松的好方式。你做得很好,很有跳舞的天分。
  notes
  1. tango ['t??g?u] n. 探戈舞,探戈舞曲;v. 跳探戈舞
  2. step on 踩,踏
  3. talent ['t?l?nt] n. 天资,才能;人才
  小贴士
  1. may i have the pleasure of the first dance?
  我能有幸和你跳第一支舞吗?
  也可以这样说:
  may i have the first dance?
  2. may i invite you for the next dance?
  我可以请你跳下一支舞吗?
  3. i don't feel like dancing any more. i'm tired now.
  我不想再跳舞了。我现在累了。
  4. look, that girl dances like an animal.
  看,那个女孩跳舞跳得很疯狂。
  5. she has mania for dancing. she has been dancing with others all the evening.
  她是个舞迷,整个晚上都在跳舞。
  6. oh, i admire your gracefulness. can you teach me how to dance?
  噢,我欣赏你的优美舞姿。你能教我跳舞吗?
  7. i'm sorry. i think i'll sit out the next dance.
  不好意思,我想坐一会儿,等过了下只舞吧。